Sales Director, East
Position Report To:
Senior Director, Sales & National Accounts
- Responsible for sales and profitability growth within assigned territory, including achievement of assigned revenue goals.
- Be the brand ambassador and instil confidence and loyalty in the brand.
- Initiate and execute training and product knowledge seminars for travel advisors and consumers using brand standard A/V presentations.
- Plan and manage sales activities of DMC sales personnel in the territory to provide maximum return on investment.
- Represent the company at trade shows and travel agency-organized consumer events, including setup of brand standard displays, collateral and A/V.
- Ensure reporting of sales activities and expenses per company guidelines on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Responsible for travel agency quality control and customer service issues.
- Provide travel agency / advisor updates for maintenance of database, CRM and invitation lists.
- Experience in Strategic Territory Management.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Self motivating and results oriented.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Fluency in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- The ability to set up a consumer show and trade show booth, including signage, table covering, decoration and collateral.
Education and Experience
- 5 – 10 years in travel industry sales or related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive international destination knowledge preferred.
- Existing sales relationships and a demonstrated track record of sales success required within a sales territory with a leading travel company required.