The Product Designer will focus on helping to drive current and future Toy / Baby product lines. (these will include but are not limited to: Soft Baby Carriers, Infant Toys, Large Gear Items, traditional plush, baby care accessories, and more)
FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES / SKILLS:
- Take new products from initial sketch to mass production, with a self-motivating and organized, entrepreneurial, approach. You have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously with strong visual communication techniques to translate your ideas to the rest of the team.
- Build on the company’s design style and extrapolate across new products, materials and categories. Establish and articulate elements of brand continuity. At the same time you are driven to push for the next evolutionary steps of brand aesthetics with a consumer-centric design process.
- Work closely with the product development team and management, you’ll refine existing products on an ongoing basis to improve functionality, tailor fit, reduce defects, streamline manufacturing, update packaging, and keep design details fresh.
- Develop an intimate familiarity with the existing product line to drive running changes, design updates, performance improvements and line expansion. Work closely with the support team and product manager to evaluate ongoing design needs and implement changes as needed.
- Be creative when it comes to working closely with factories, technicians and vendors to research, experiment products and processes. Further you can handle and maintain timing, deadlines as well as cost targets
- Strong knowledge of materials, prototyping and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to apply brand philosophy to product design.
- 5-8 years’ experience product development environment (toys or juvenile products a plus!)
- Specific knowledge in Toys, Juvenile Products, BabyGear, or in general just Making Stuff… is a PLUS!!!
- Core computer skills: Rendering and Graphics in using Solidworks or another leading software (Alias Sketchbook Pro, Alias Design Studio, Sketchbook Pro / Designer, Creo/Pro-E
- Travel Requirements: Domestic and International 4-5 times annually