Global Traffic Technologies, LLC
POSITION DESCRIPTION STATEMENT (PDS)
VP of Marketing
- Purpose of Position
From a 4 Ps of Marketing (Product, Price, Place, Promotion) perspective, own “Product,” which entails understanding macro trends, specific needs and then defining those requirements via a PRD and ultimately, a development roadmap. In the case of GTT, “Product” means hardware, software and services. The successful product manager will consider numerous factors, including but not limited to market needs/opportunities, strategic business fit, competitive offerings and profitability (short and long-term). This role is to supplement the bandwidth of the existing (sole) Product Manager.
- Key Responsibilities
Thoroughly understand the needs and trends in the market, prioritize offerings/features, write product specifications and work with development, marketing and other functional areas to bring new products to market. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Conduct market research, work with existing customers, collect field (sales) feedback
- Understand market problems, competitive landscape, technology evolution
- Document market requirements, define specific offerings and manage the product roadmap
- Understand and differentiate from the competition
- Lead the innovation effort, including buy/build/partner decisions (product related)
- Build the business plan, including assumptions, forecasts, risks, mitigation strategies
- Work with the development team to ensure on-time/spec delivery, within budget
- After QA (development), assist the development team with coordination of beta testing
- Drive cross-functional launch team to ensure successful introductions of new offerings
- Manage product lifecycle, including end of life
- Support various sales and marketing initiatives (e.g., speaking events, tradeshows, whitepapers, etc.) and sales training
Works regularly with customers, Sales, Dev, Marketing and Client services.
- Measures of Performance
Revenue generated from new and existing products and services hits or exceeds expectations.
New products and services launched on time and according to specifications
Long and short-term roadmap clearly defined and understood by the organization
- Background and Skill
Experience in conducting primary market research, both qualitative and quantitative. Technical understanding of hardware (electronics) and software; and how the two interact. Understanding of “quality” systems, spec writing, QA processes, beta testing, etc. Experience writing business plans and managing budgets/programs. Effective communicator (verbal and written). Comfortable working with field sales team and live customers. Technical undergraduate degree (e.g., EE, computer science) and an MBA preferred.
- PersonalityTrait Profile
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and work without a lot of “hands-on” direction. This role requires strong leadership to understand needs, evaluate/prioritize opportunities and drive cross-functional initiatives. The work requires deep analytical skills, sound decision-making abilities and financial acumen, in addition to strong teambuilding skills.