Director of Business Development, Midwest
Position Report To:
Vice President – North America Sales
Build market position and expand sales by identifying, developing and managing relationships across multiple B2B channels: tour operators, travel agents, consortia, host agencies and online retail companies.
- Prospect / source new accounts
- Increase sales with existing and new B2B clients
- Plan, develop, and implement retail sales and marketing programs
- Maintain high visibility through sales calls , webinars and teleconferences with agency owners, managers and front-line sales agents
- Engage trade through weekly, monthly and quarterly communications including print, email and webinars to increase sales and promote group business
- Help develop content for training purposes to agencies: programs/itinerary overview, product information and booking policies and procedures
- Represent company at local, regional and national trade events
- Accompany clients on-board site inspections to provide sales presentations
- Extensive travel sales experience working with trade
- Experience in selling luxury travel products, especially cruise. Expedition preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong sales presentations skills including webinar presentations
- Results driven personality
- Good relationship builder with a deep and wide network.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Personable and works as a team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research skills
- Experience dealing with groups and charters via travel agency partners preferred.
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience working with the main consortium/agencies of the region
- Ability to travel no less than 50% of the time