- Responsible for translating data and insights in assigned areas into actionable project plans and activities:
o Initiate and lead discovery activities in areas shaping the future of food
o Responsible for conducting in-depth market assessments
o Translate data and observations into insights
o Translate insights to elements of a new business/platform through expert business case development. Apply expert business acumen to identify growth opportunities.
o Keen understanding of channel and customer economics and application of this knowledge into growth opportunities for Rich’s
o Track emerging technologies, start-ups and innovative new businesses; assimilate and translate learnings into the new platform strategy and portfolio
- Responsible for leading the testing and validation of new business opportunities in assigned growth areas:
o Develop plans to test and validate new concept ideas
o Lead the execution of development activities to test and validate new business opportunities, including concept testing, prototype development and testing, and customer validation testing.
o Support the go-to-market execution and launch of new business platforms
- Ensure platforms are aligned to appropriate categories/division strategies:
o Develop an in-depth understanding of divisional strategies and priorities through regular and ongoing work with the marketing teams in the USC region.
o Work with the Director of new platforms to ensure these strategies are reflected in the New platforms portfolio as needed.
o Partner with divisions and categories to scope opportunities
o Ensure synchronization with the Global Technology, Global Toppings, Creams and Culinary Solutions, Venture Fund, Break-Through Innovation, Health & Authenticity and other growth and innovation-oriented team where applicable.
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience focused on new product, platform, or business development, either in a corporate or start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to translate observations and insights into new business development activities
- Solid business acumen – demonstrated ability to develop the financial and economic strategy of business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to conduct in-depth market assessments and develop strategies from them.
- Proven track record in developing strategy; deriving strategic insights through business analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in translating quantitative data and customer insights into strategies that drive business results.
- Demonstrated ability to move seamlessly between big picture and detailed execution; is able to make consistently solid judgment decisions based on limited data.
- Solid influencing skills to accomplish goals; leading through influence as well as through direct reporting authority; influencing skills include experience working with a variety of levels within an organization
- Highly energetic and passionate with an entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast-paced, performance driven culture; bottom-line, execution focused; ability to think creatively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to articulate an inspiring vision and powerful sense of shared purpose in others.
- Demonstrated ability with ambiguity and fluidity and the ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment while achieving quality results; ability to navigate situations where an established way of doing things may not exist
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction, exercise initiative and judgment, and make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments concurrently, possess excellent organizational and time management skills, and be able to function in a fast paced environment. Proactive individual with ability to anticipate, initiate, and prioritize.
- Willingness and desire to go out into the market and really understand customers’ problems – ethnography and VOC skills are required
- Expert knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat. Individual must be a fast learner and able to assimilate new software, procedures and techniques as they are constantly introduced in this environment. Sold basic analysis skills.