Leads and assists in developing, implementing and maintaining marketing and sales programs that contribute to the Division’s growth and profit objectives. Position will provide the training and experience to potentially grow into a Brand Manager role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the development of market research that guides and influences the brand marketing plans and assists in the development of brand marketing plans.
2. Pro-actively analyzes key business issues and recommends/implements actions for issue resolution.
3. Leads a few major initiatives/programs as assigned by the Brand Manager.
4. Assists in coordinating and executing new product launches and re-launches including item setup, package layout/design and sales material/POP.
5. Monitors market for new competitor products and makes recommendations. Tracks success of new products and recommends corrective actions as necessary.
6. Assists with internal product issues (e.g. production, expiry, quality, packaging accuracy, etc.).
7. Assists with package development/redesign process on existing items.
8. Leads display development including cost analysis, design, item setup, etc.
9. Compiles and analyzes data to evaluate research and promotion programs as assigned for ad hoc summaries, business reviews, etc. Creates and executes consumer and trade programs designed to achieve marketing objectives. Tracks success and measures financial returns of promotions and recommends corrective actions as necessary.
10. Solicits and analyzes cost quotations on potential brand-specific promotions including internet, in-store, contests, coupons, etc.
11. Coordinates development, production and distribution of promotional materials.
12. Manages the interface with coupon distribution and redemption services on assigned brands. Tracks coupon redemptions/costs and communicates to the Brand Manager. Understands and monitors competitive pricing and coupon values and recommends pricing/discounting actions that improve competitiveness while maintaining brand strategy.
13. Leads the promotion planning process for assigned brands including EBIT analysis, issue resolution and MDF processing. Coordinates photography sessions and keeps a digital library of company-owned photographs.
14. Administers changes to brand web sites and reports on traffic measures. Updates brand(s) content information on the company intranet and brokerage force intranet.
15. Assists in maintaining product price list and communicating price changes to sales.
16. Reviews and interprets syndicated consumption data (IRI, Nielsen) on a monthly basis.
17. Identifies, analyzes and quantifies new business opportunities.
18. Conducts monthly analysis of sales performance vs budget, identifying shortfalls.
19. Leads internal and external communications for assigned projects. Liaises with agency partners, data suppliers and other outside vendors.
20. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as required by the Brand Manager.
Education: Undergraduate degree with Marketing/Business or Public Relations emphasis or equivalent. MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years packaged goods marketing experience demonstrating increased areas of responsibility. Experience coordinating and reviewing quantitative and qualitative marketing research preferred.
1. Analytical & Financial Skills – Critical in managing the business and identifying issues and opportunities. Must understand financial implications of various business decisions.
2. Interpersonal Skills – The position will interact with many internal and external people. Must be able to establish strong working relationships, provide strong leadership in cross-functional teams and the ability to build consensus.
3. Communication Skills – Will be actively involved in conveying information and ideas both written and verbal and making presentations to Senior Management.
4. Time Management – Must have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time under tight timelines.
5. Creativity – Provides idea leadership in developing business building ideas and marketing strategies. Ability to provide thoughts/ideas in developing consumer marketing communications.
Equipment/Software: Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of AC Nielsen or IRI scan data and panel data is desirable.