Director of Finance
Position Report To:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the company’s fiscal function.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Research, advise, and spearhead fiscal projects such as migration to new accounting platform from QuickBooks.
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting department and establish short- and longrange departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures all locations of the company.
- Manage the payroll department of two staff preparing and administering payroll.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-term projects, planning, and introduction of new ventures/strategies.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports, outlooks and forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Ensure continual improvement of the timeliness and accuracy of company’s cash flow and management of the billing process (A/R).
- Develop credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports that will assist the president, and other senior managers in managing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company, in a proactive manner.
- Establish credibility throughout the company as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor on financial issues.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff for all locations of the company.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that company’s risks are minimized.
- Research and advise leadership on appropriate insurance coverage.
- Negotiate with banks for credit lines or other financial services as appropriate.
- Ten years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA (preferred).
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience (preferred).
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Small and large project/program orientation.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timelines and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (i.e., Gmail; Google Drive; Google Documents; Google Calendar) and Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).