The VP Product Development & Marketing is a critical leadership position within the organization, overseeing all Product Developmnet & Marketing functions of assigned business units/product categories.
Strategic Planning and Business Management
- Development of short- and long-term plans to build equity and consumer desirability for assigned products and brands.
- Analyze process and work flow to ensure the department is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for delivering competitive analysis on strategic national retailers within specific retail distribution channels to uncover product opportunities by channel of distribution.
- Evaluate current consumer usage patterns for the assigned business categories and identify potential new “white space” opportunities.
- Ensure efficient Product Life Cycle management across assigned business segments.
- Develop short- and long-term pricing, marketing, and product placement strategies that grow market share for new and existing products.
- Drive innovation, concept development and new program launches to meet revenue and growth targets.
- Set and deliver specific revenue, margin and market share targets for all new product.
- Concept & collaborate with Sales to create “best in class” packaging and in-store merchandising / display solutions.
- Implement new product development analysis, including regularly reviewing progress, adjusting resource usage, and recommending initiation of new projects.
- Identify & communicate specific trends in product formats, style, color/pattern, & new functionality.
- Work hand in hand with theoverseas team to ensure timelines, viable product, and margins.
Marketing and Licensing
- Establish a robust marketing support plan for all assigned business segments.
- Prepare comprehensive external sales materials in support of new product innovation, strong retail performers (e.g. retailers, licenses, categories & items), consumer attitudes and trends.
- Partner with sales to create user-friendly competitive analysis recaps that provide specific product outline - feature / benefits, price-points, merchandising and packaging direction.
- Provide leadership and direction to the PD, Creative, and Marketing staff (20+ reports).
- Mentor and develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Create an environment that fosters engagement in the company culture.
- Assess the current structure vis-a-vis work load and make necessary changes.
- Perform weekly touch bases with direct reports to ensure constant communication among self and direct reports.
- 10 years of management-level marketing and product development experience required. Previous experience being part of an executive level management team preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Great flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects with a high sense of urgency.
- Strategic thinking and planning ability required.
- Strong presentation ability to include excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working with an overseas sourcing team.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to manage confidential data such as customer, price, product and development lists.