The Senior Product Manager will identify the company’s position within the marketplace and lay out an actionable plan to meet larger strategic business growth initiatives. You will identify and justify which products to build to gain executive buy-in and plan for profitable creation and deployment. Throughout the product life cycle, you will lead cross-functional teams to achieve the product’s strategic intent with development, launch and strategic withdraw from the marketplace.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply your category management and expertise to identify growth opportunities and deliver on category growth projections that support overall business objectives.
- Manage lifecycle and health of multiple product categories, focusing on SKU efficiency and position in the marketplace.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data to:
- Inform your strategic category growth plans and align with leadership team
- Share strategic insights and build realistic sales projections Develop comprehensive bi-annual development direction with in-depth market rationale
- Build business case for new product item, line or category
- Establish strategic sell-in and commercialization strategy (sell-through & recommendation).
- Develop in-depth creative briefs and works closely with internal creative department to communicate strategy, articulate product/category communication hierarchy and clearly communicate guardrails to meet all sell-in and sell-through requirements. Ensure all creative output meets the requirements/strategy in brief.
- Participate and add marketing value to key retail customer presentations and engage with category decision-makers to provide expertise on category developments and opportunities.
- Establish yourself as an expert of our business categories and our customer segments across brick & mortar and in comparison with our competition.
- Responsible for Item Number/SKU management
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- 7+ years’ experience in product and/or category management with consumer-packaged goods, preferably gained within the infant products or toy industries, on the “supply” side of the retail equation.
- Previous experience in a management role with internal staff and external partners/vendors preferred
- Strong strategic timing ability for introducing new products and categories to the mass-market consumer.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion in a timely manner.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Some experience with Product Management Software
- Ability to effectively present and communicate business ideas in a large group and to executive/leadership team for alignment.
- Confidence and experience presenting to retail buyers.
- Ability to articulate ideas in retailer context (margin impact, rate of sale).
- Ability to effectively translate and communicate market data into insights in a relevant way to cross-functional teams.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally on an occasional basis.