Senior Manager, Trade Marketing Grocery (2 openings)
Position Report To:
Trade Marketing Director
- Serves as single point of contact for grocery trade and shopper activities.
- Works with Director to develop and implement channel marketing strategic plans and goals to meet corporate objectives and increase market share and profitability of products and services.
- Overall accountability for all B2C and B2B omnichannel marketing at the account level.
- Develops, manages and executes customer engagement programs, including but not limited
to promotional activity, B2C directed programs, market expansion programs, and media planning promotions/programs aligned with brand media plans. This also includes a clear history of building and executing volume-driving programs.
- Develops impactful presentations for sales proposals, custom account marketing and more that reinforce brand identity while driving incremental business
- Attends meetings with buyers and account leadership as needed to mutually beneficial brand momentum
- Actively performs competitive audits and store checks at the store and account level
- Leads the strategic alignment throughout all shopper specific activations, aligned to company, customer and partner priorities.
- Responsible for Omni channel growth plans and strategic direction for grocery service division and ecommerce.
- Accountable for adhering to brand guidelines and implementing branded programs that align to brand goals.
- Designs, implements, and interprets custom / syndicated market research to anticipate
competition, market trends and translate consumer attitudes into new business and branding direction. Viewed as the retail category expert for the organization.
- Ability to think out of the box and deliver results in collaboration with the sales
organization will be critical to success.
- Drives direction for all point of sale materials and promotional product and
- Evaluates and analyzes trade results and makes timely modifications along with
providing strategic counsel to sales organization.
- Accountable for monthly Trade Marketing KPI report.
- Creates and execute all shopper marketing tactics in store, out of store, online, including POS, displays, merchandising programs, loyalty programs, coupons, sweepstakes, sponsorships and more.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) in Business, Marketing, Finance or related fields from four-year College or university
- MBA preferred
- 6+ years experience leading shopper marketing, trade marketing, or category management for a CPG food or beverage brand is required.
- Prior experience leading/executing trade marketing programs with Walmart, Target and Amazon is highly desired.
- Multi-channel experience is required with 2+ years working to drive ecommerce sales, service sales and other channels.
- 5+ years’ experience in working closely with syndicated research providers- Nielsen or IRI databases. Solid category management skillset- can lead and share expertise.
- Experience in leading agency and outside vendors
- Previous brand management experience is not required but desired.
- Solid financial skills to included P&L analysis and other financial analyses.
- Must be able to understand components of a brand P&L as well as the impact of business decisions on said P&L.
- Excellent MS Power Point skills is required with experience crafting powerful brand presentations
- Valid driver’s license.
- Results-oriented, strong leadership skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and strong project management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Attention to detail.