The Sr. Industrial Designer is responsible for the conceptualization and development of new and continuing seasonal products, from ideation through to manufacturing. He/she designs and develops product for a diverse product line with a strong brand and Intellectual Property (IP) focus.
The Sr. Industrial Designer engages in and is responsible for delivering upon all aspects of the product development process, including concept sketching, concept development, research & development, and product design.
- Create detailed technical packages for vendors, communicates with vendors throughout the product development process and participates in product design reviews.
- Receive, record and review all product samples.
- Prepare design assets and participates in regular executive product line reviews; ensure that design and development work conforms and upholds to brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with the creative team and leads collaboration across the Industrial Designers.
- Share designs, receive feedback and applying design revisions to create the best-possible solution for meaningful products.
- 7+ years of Industrial or Product Design experience;
- Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Toy Industry experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with children’s products strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen as it relates to the Product Development life cycle
- Experience with injection molding and paper goods is strongly preferred; Experience designing hard and soft goods preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop; Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel; 3D modeling knowledge a plus
- Diverse understanding of materials and manufacturing processes with actual experience in design to manufacturing; Strong verbal communication skills are essential for presenting designs to internal and external parties
- Experience designing consumer products from ideation to final production a must
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills