The position is responsible for developing relationships and growing profitable sales with select national accounts. The primary areas of focus for the position include selling, promoting, managing, and implementing new national programs/products/brands at the Customer HQ level. The product mix will be National Brand and Private Brand. The successful candidate will have established relationships at Customer HQ level, be motivated, goal oriented and able to embody a fast, flexible and innovative culture. This candidate would have direct responsibilities for Aldi, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid. Position reports into Sr. Sales Director.
- Achieve / exceed aggressive sales budget / profit goals
- Strategically plan for and manage target account proposals, programs, promotions and time lines to ensure that sales opportunities are identified and properly pursued.
- Grow established account base with additional placement, programs and SKUs.
- Develop new business with target accounts with both branded and private brand initiatives.
o Provide Monthly Reports to management on key opportunities, new business, business at risk, market trends and competitive data.
o Make recommendations about new products, product / packaging modifications or improvements that might increase sales volume and/or profitability.
o Manage broker groups as required for account specific needs.
o Track POS data within account and report sales movement and trends.
o Generate input for creative product or packaging ideas to fuel line extensions.
o Collect competitive field data related to price points, trends, pack sizes, photos and overall competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5+ Years Sales Experience with 2+ Years of Experience Selling at National HQ Level for CPG company
- Demonstrated Record of Sales Achievement. Private Label Experience is not mandatory but will be large part of this roles day to day.
- Strong Planning and Customer Management Skills. Use of syndicated data sources such as Nielsen or IRI
- Understanding of Category Management, Trade Promotion Management, P&L Management, Pricing Structures and Trade Terms.