The Creative Service Supervisor will manage a team of Designers responsible for the development of licensed products. You will oversee the design of new ensemble lines in addition to coordinate new licensed art projects from concept to finished art.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage work within the team.
- Stay abreast of new design and product trends.
- Design ensembles that require expertise.
- Design licensed ensembles.
- Work from concept to finished art on the computer for items to send to our various separators and printers both domestic and overseas.
- Continue to update computer skills and experiment with new software updates and programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing computer files. Develop and implement new product ideas.
- Share in approving of all printed product proofs. Sign-off on all color separations for products related to team projects. Talk directly to separators & printers about any changes for product art.
- Organize and supervise special projects.
- Attend Gift, Stationery, Surtex or Licensing trade shows when possible.
- Supervise and train Product Designers (all levels).
- Check and update the back-up system as necessary.
- Advise when software updates should be ordered.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year art college or university required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have at least 5-8 years related experience and/or training.
- Must have 3 or more years of direct supervisory experience.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to use licensed style guides.
- Ability and experience to manage artists; assist artists with problems.
- Ability to use email and the Internet.
- Good communication with others in the department, with other departments and with suppliers is necessary.
- Ability to calculate sizes and color percentages.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Good understanding of offset and flexographic printing processes.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Ability to juggle many projects at the same time.