The Product Design Manager will be responsible for identifying and creating metal bakeware products to fill Company’s new product innovation pipeline. In addition to; ideation of product concepts, cross-functional work to bring the product to life, and ultimately defining product details and specifications.
The Product Design Manager applies consumer insights, production processes, and business requirements to ground new development as well as executes the development of new metal bakeware products from prototype completion through the sign off for approved production.
- Establish an innovative and ongoing product pipeline that inspires today’s baker by addressing their pain points, bakeware expectations, kitchen needs, and evolving sense of style.
- Analyze collective information from consumer insights, business intelligence, product management strategy, and vendor capabilities; applying these towards strategic new product concepts. Analytically identifies potential solutions that address the project objectives.
- Create new products that fit within Company’s metal bakeware portfolio strategy to meet the needs of our business, including our contribution margins, target cost of goods, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Focus development around the right mix of product features and benefits to ensure the pipeline is competitive in the marketplace and can lead to the expansion of Company’s leadership in the bakeware category.
- Leads projects with a proactively creative mindset to effectively problem solve around identified consumer pain points, manufacturing constraints, and retailer challenges to identify new product concept opportunities.
- Responsible for a wide range of metal bakeware lines within Company’s current category portfolio. Leads product refreshes as needed with strategic category direction provided by the product management team.
- Initiates concept development, articulates concept direction, facilitates brainstorms for a range of ideas, narrows the field using a strategic filter, and recommends design direction.
- Develops new designs closely with the industrial design team and mechanical engineers to spec, design, and create CAD for new products.
- Communicates regularly with the global sourcing team to procure accurate product costs and manufacturing feedback to direct further design refinement.
- Responsible for collaborating with the legal team to identify and initiate patent applications, trademarks and related searches to protect innovative new product designs.
- Works with a broad range of cross-functional groups, including product managers, graphic designers, bakers, treat decorators, compliance, and quality teams to bring great products to life.
- Adaptable attitude that juggles multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines, adjusting scope as project details are gathered, facilitating forward project movement, and keeping team counterparts on track.
- 5+ years in a related role working with internal teams on the development of new consumer products & sourcing raw materials and finished goods globally.
- Experienced working with Asian manufacturing partners.
- Experienced working within detailed project management timelines to effectively complete product design tasks.
- Understanding of metal manufacturing methods, tooling, and production requirements.
- Deep understanding of the product development process, from consumer need to product execution.
- Creative mindset for developing new ideas, products, and assortments options.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data to make recommendations and decisions.
- Detailed oriented, exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Project management skills.