Dir. Inside Sales
Position Report To:
VP Sales & Marketing
Seeking a Director of Inside Sales who has experience working with consumer products (large number of skus) and a background of training and developing Inside Sales Reps.
- Manage an account base; cold and warm calling to acquire business
- Manage a staff of 6 (six) Inside Sales Professionals including tracking team performance and looking for opportunities to improve, developing and implementing sales training, hiring, completing, performance evaluations, and overseeing daily activities
- Develop strategies to reach new and existing customers
- Partner with marketing function to develop outreach efforts specific to inside sales
- Participate in sales meetings, trade shows, and other events
- Prior experience overseeing an Inside Sales department of at least 5+ individuals
- Experience selling tangible consumer products is required; will work with 20K+ skus
- Experience servicing customers within floral, gift, craft, or a related industry is highly desired
- Experience working with a CRM system.
- Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiency required
- Willing to travel to other company locations, trade shows, and customers
- High level of comfort making outbound phone calls. While the primary goal will be to manage the KPIs (sales growth, number of calls, and conversion rate) for the inside sales team, this person should be willing to jump in and make calls when needed.
- Ability to apply traditional sales tactics to our business