As the VP of Sales, you will develop and execute the sales and marketing strategy for the product lines, including the overall strategy, sales force structure, sales and cost budgets, channel strategy, market segmentation, new product pipeline and territory management.
Assess current sales structure and make a strong recommendation on a new structure (one that could/should include both internal and external resources). Currently, this position manages three Customer Service Associates and one Manager of e.Com. Monitor performance, set sales targets, hire and replace groups as needed, promote new product and promotions, answer questions, train and guide as needed.
Because of the customer facing nature of the role, it is imperative that the successful candidate be able to demonstrate a leadership presence with customers.
- Develop, maintain, and expand customer relationships; attend key customer meetings; participate in customer reviews and negotiations; penetrate new market channels.
- Develop sales forecasts for all sales channels and hold employees and independent sales people accountable to meet all forecasts.
- Develop a training system and schedule to train our reps how to be better salespeople. Also, train new reps as they are hired and train all existing reps on how to sell new products and programs that the company comes out with.
- Manage the Customer Service Department and make sure that they are in full communication with the Sales Department and assisting in any way that will promote sales growth.
Account Growth and Management:
- Develop a target list for national major (and regional) chains stores and then develop a strategy and team to go after the identified prospects.
- Maintain and improve our methods for managing and communicating to existing accounts and keeping them engaged; develop methods to increase contact and sales with our existing customer base.
- Develop and grow sales within the Ecommerce/online channel (ie. Amazon.com, Walmart.com, etc.)
- Ability to develop and diversify customer base and expand into the Dollar, Grocery, and Drug channels.
Promotions and Products:
- Develop a strategy to take our products to new markets. Strategy should include analysis of potential new markets, developing sales channels to reach these markets, and strategy to penetrate these markets.
- Assist in the development of sales plans and promotions throughout the year and every year.
- Give strong input and advice on all new product development. Also develop realistic sales quotas and forecasts for proposed new product.
- Follow new products and trends in our markets and notify product development of any important trends or findings.
- Monitor competitors and report regularly to the President on major activities by these competitors.
- Develop channels to liquidate obsolete inventory.
- Experience selling to mass retail - experience in the craft and creative channel required.
- A results-driven leader with a proven record of achievement.
- Must be a proven leader who works first and foremost in a Performance Management style; able to set expectations, measure results, provide timely feedback, deliver appropriate consequences (positive or negative).
- Excellent communication skills that command influence and executive presence with customers.
- Innovative thinking in the context of generating new growth opportunities via new categories or go to market approaches.
- Energetic, driven, passionate; a strong sense of urgency, yet thoughtful and strategic
- Willingness to travel- projected travel 50%