This Brand Manager will lead the sleep business for the US market. This position requires strategic marketing leadership, full P&L responsibility, collaboration with the Global Strategic Marketing team based in Paris, development of long range strategic business plan and cross-functional team leadership as well as agency management.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership for the Sleep category, ensuring a strong, unique positioning for the brand, to drive sustainable sales growth and profitability
- Devlop and manage brand equity (language, vision, strategy)
- Lead brand strategy and development and successful execution of annual business plan
- Oversee the development and execution of consumer communication plan
- Lead all media, advertising, digital and promotional efforts for the US market
- Work with the Global Strategic Marketing to develop the Global Sleep Category positioning. Involves some International travel.
- Manage all US agency projects to deliver in market advertising, media, digital, packaging and professional executions
- Develop and lead 3-5 year innovation roadmap including new product opportunities, as well as claims development, ensuring a vibrant growth plan is in place
- Manage and deliver Brand P&L plans ensuring annual and long range sales and profit goals are achieved, as well as driving long-term sales growth
- Shared talent development responsibility of team member(s) / indirect report(s)
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required, MBA preferred.
Experience: One year Brand Manager level experience preferred. FMCG experience, Consumer Health Care preferred. Experience working in a global organization preferred. Experience working with agency partners.
Professional Skills: Strong leadership experience and ability to manage, motivate and lead people to deliver results. People management and coaching experience (with direct reports and cross functional partners). Knowledge of Nielsen data software and products a plus.
Role Specific Competencies: Strong strategic and analytic capabilities with ability to translate and convey findings into actionable insights; Comfortable utilizing data to support business decisions. Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills; Ability to align resources across multiple functions (e.g. Manufacturing, R&D, Sales), prioritize, and meet deadlines. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to function effectively as a leader and in a team environment. Successful experience in developing and executing marketing programs, brief writing, and managing P&L’s. This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business software to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.