Develops the sales plan for designated region of responsibility and upon approval ensures the accurate, effective, and efficient implementation of all sales business operations in order to support the company's business growth and profitability. To optimize sales from both travel trade and consumer direct via relevant channels within the assigned geographical sales area. By utilizing sales data to pro-actively identify any areas for improvement or development and growing the sales business to agreed targets. Ensuring the highest level of customer and client satisfaction and to contribute to departmental compliance with company policies and industry guidelines (USTOA & CLIA).
The BDM is a client/customer facing role and have the ability to be new business hunter, able to self-generate leads, cold call and attend meetings to present to clients/customers and close business through commercial contract negotiations.
This position will cover Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennslyvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Western Kentucky, and Maryland.
• Degree in Business Management or related field from an accredited college or university
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience at management level within the Hospitality and Tourism / Cruising industry
• Must be able to travel a high percentage of the time, hold a valid U.S. passport, and hold a valid driving license
• Account management skills
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Planning, scheduling and forecasting skills
• Problem solving skills
• Knowledge of selling techniques
• High degree of attention to detail