The Marketing Research Specialist will provide strategic insights and support cross-functional team leaders globally on long-term and immediate business decisions for the company brand, by partnering with Marketing, Product Development, Creative Services, R&D and Sales. Manage the annual learning plan (research vendors/partners) to budget and inform strategic marketing planning and product development decisions. Partner with. Listen, question, and predict needs to ensure teams have reliable and relevant data to inform key decisions at critical stage gates. Share professional data-based findings.
- Provide annual learning plan/agenda with rationale that ladders to key business initiatives, is considerate of annual sales forecast and timely in relationship to planning, development and meeting milestones
- Budget planning, forecasting and tracking
- Devise plan that allows for iterations and depth when needed, including parameters, methodology and timeline
- Own and manage shared research calendar that clearly outlines objective, strategy and required stimuli. Align with cross-functional teams early and secure timely asset delivery
- Seek out relevant, best-in-class approaches to address business issues, leading to improved research tools, methods and processes
- Lead strategy and insight work for the business unit, delivering forward-thinking and foundational insights that enable short-term and long-term business objectives
- Manage, engage and evolve domestic owned-consumer list resource for appropriate research initiatives ensuring business abides by best-practice standards. Evaluate and develop global resource plan based on need
- Lead effort to best understand the consumers in the category and Infantino consumers vs. competition to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Manage, optimize and deliver weekly, quarterly, year-end and ad-hoc scan data reports to the business in turn-key format
- Support international teams with global consumer understanding to help develop, optimize, and evaluate positioning and product strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional leads to ensure consumer insights, shopper insights, and analytical capabilities are leveraged to address business questions in a holistic manner, connecting the dots and synthesizing content
- Proven ability to utilize a variety of visual elements in reports including charts, graphs, imagery and other creative techniques to highlight key insights and engage audience (increase retention and accurate relaying of data)
- Rigorously analyze syndicated data, provide monthly reporting (dashboard) and recommend corrective action to increase awareness and trial among core consumer target
- Manage external research vendors, contracts, survey authoring/oversight and analysis/oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other applicable quantitative discipline
- A minimum of eight years of evolved research experience in qualitative and quantitative custom research (marketing position), including segmentation and statistics
- Vast experience in Consumer Packaged Goods required. Experience with juvenile/toy Industry products preferred
- Deep knowledge of custom research across a variety of methods with established relationships with research partners
- Extensive vendor management experience and proven negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding and comprehensive experience with related statistical techniques and ability to explain results in a clear and useful manner
- Translate complex data sets, into easily digested and understood formats, to identify and understand customer needs and uses data for new product ideas and benefit
- Ability to synthesize data, and perform statistical modeling and analysis
- Strong ability to synthesize insights, develop clear and concise stories and elevate findings into insightful reports that bring the voice of consumer to life
- Demonstrated expertise with report and presentation development and delivery to all levels including executive leadership
- Ability to solve problems creatively while working within established budget
- Excellent and proven time management skills; ability to set priorities and manage expectations
- The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and have exceptional influencing and communication skills
This person must have a strong understanding of the vendors and a lot of connections including with research groups, and must know what to ask for and what it should cost. (As an example, the VP Mktng has "missed" asking for something on the survey, only to realize it once the survey was already complete.)
The company continues to have a big investment in research, so they need to know they're getting the most out of a study and there's a solid report coming in. This person will manage the budget but the VP will approve the spend. While they hope to grow in resources, right now they don't have as many tools as a larger company so they utilize Excel.
Then this individual must be expert at presenting the data to the team; they want someone who can be very neutral. "Here's what the numbers tell us." Even if the numbers don't support the direction the team wants to go. Very important point.
Must be able to coordinate research projects soup-to-nuts, and provide regular global insights to the business.
Will consider someone out of an agency or doing consulting, as long as they've had in-house CPG experience (doesn't have to be same category).