The Director Design (Development) - Seasonal will lead the development of seasonal product lines (Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc.); the category is trendy and sku intensive.
- Supervise, lead, train and inspire product design teams to ensure they are equipped and motivated to achieve stated goals.
- Responsible for managing the entire product development process from concept to approved prototype including resolving development and production issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Defining (Scoping and Targeting), based on business requirement document, Developing (Evaluation and Defining & Development), Approving (Test & Validation) for new product development.
- Develop and present a rolling three year Product Portfolio Roadmap to Product Management based on business requirements provided from Product Management.
- Interpret trend information from Creative and CI relevant to consumer/product and translate into product insights/briefs.
- Write and/or approve Product Briefs based on category plan directives (Business Requirements Document) from Product Mgt.
- Identify Consumer Research required to inform product design and packaging. Work with CI to answer the stated business question.
- Manage the CI, global product design budget.
- Present final product concepts and costing based on business requirements provided back to Product Management for approval.
- Drive value engineering and look for product improvement with a sharp focus on achieving financial objectives.
- Oversee staff of product managers and provide leadership, coaching and development.
- Monitor the performance of assigned team and document performance feedback.
There are 2 direct reports (Product Design Managers). Seeking a strong coach and mentor who will lead and guide the commercialization and development of the line.
- 7-10 years of consumer packaged goods experience in product management and/or product development. Keen focus on understanding the consumer.
- Experienced working with Asian manufacturing partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines; strong diplomatic skills.This role is heavily focused on leadership; will also work collaborativel
- The Director will lead product design from concept to production; this includes trending, market research and consumer insights, and creating product briefs
- Backgrounds – toy, stationery, party, wedding (licensed & sku intensive)