Business Development Manager, West Coast
Position Report To:
VP of Sales
- Ability to target and achieve results, set challenging goals, show energy and react to opportunity, instill urgency in others, and meet deadlines
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans with key host, internet and NTA accounts to address their specific needs
- Strengthen relationships and achieve growth with key accounts through regular contact and informative updates with respect to their productivity and progress; offer assistance when appropriate to assist in achievement of goals.
- Provide robust training opportunities for agents through client presentations, product information sessions and ongoing website and e-commerce strategies
- Ensure that marketing collateral is utilized to its fullest potential; ensure the company has prominent placement in key account agencies.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Evaluate ROI of potential trade and consumer shows/events and participate where beneficial.
- Stay abreast of competitor information in designated territory and stay updated on trends within the industry. Provide feedback to management team with respect to trends and opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records of sales activities in Sales Force; record training's, appointments, tasks, customer feedback and other sales activities in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree desired and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years travel industry and/or territory sales experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff required
- Must be able to deliver effective product/destination training's, engage as a credible trainer, and represent the company professionally at internal and external events.
- Able to use good listening skills, be sensitive to customers, adjust quickly to different personal styles, and stay open to other viewpoints
- Able to negotiate effectively in a positive manner, compromise and find alternate solutions
- Able to develop detailed sales/marketing plans aligned with company goals, manage time and work flow well, create effective sales call plans, monitor and respond to competition timely, work systematically/efficiently, manage distractions and interruptions
- Committed to increasing customer satisfaction and is responsive to internal customers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (emphasis on Power Point applications, for effective formulation of presentations), LCD/Data projection, Internet and webinar tools.
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets to store and manipulate account data
- Knowledge of Sales Force and Softrip database preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required, and travel extensively throughout the territory.