Vice President, Product Development & Operations
Position Report To:
- Provide strategic direction to the Product team to ensure timely delivery of marketing collateral, including the brochures, as well as pricing/product information to the sales and marketing teams.
- Identify and evaluate new strategic business opportunities that will enhance existing or create new business lined for the company.
- Collaborate with DMC's, hoteliers, tourist offices, and other suppliers to develop innovative and saleable new products.
- Provide effective direction for competitive negotiations and product pricing; for timely delivery of sale pricing and product information to the sales and marketing teams.
- Work with marketing department on the development of effective promotional activities and initiatives to encourage sales and support partnerships.
- Collaborate regularly with leaders of other areas to ensure alignment with regard to product development & supplier relations.
- Maintain broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape on an on-going basis, and lead periodic internal cross-functional understanding and awareness
- Keep abreast of competitor activity through market research and on-going analysis.
- Ensure standardization of operating systems within department according to company policy and departmental requirements.
- Provide strategic lead on achieving Consistent Quality of Delivery (CQD) goals across all product lines with all DMC’s.
- Work with department managers to ensure quality of product and increase level of service provided to our internal and external clients.
- Ensure that product management team obtains and maintains in-depth knowledge of their respective destinations through on-site research and development and through market research.
- Provide effective direction to the Inventory team to ensure timely production of reports, analysis of potential problem areas and recommendations on actions to be taken to ensure maximum profitability on tours. Also, develop and maintain comparative and historical analyses.
- Ensure delivery of accurate and detailed inventory reports and work closely with Sales management team to optimize sales and margins through careful inventory control and communication on pertinent inventory matters.
- Ensure that all staff attend product presentations and training sessions, so that they are up-to-date and knowledgeable on all product issues.
- Coordinate with the DMC’s to ensure that all planning staff members are up-to-date and knowledgeable on all product issues. Foster relationships with hoteliers, tourist offices and other suppliers to support enhanced product knowledge within the department.
- Foster harmonious working relationships with DMC’s, third party suppliers and other departments.
- Assure all vendors are properly vetted, and financial relationships are contracted according to company expectations and legal requirements
- Work with individual department managers on training, employee development and staff motivation. Develop and implement policies and procedures to enhance growth and administration of business.
- Review staffing requirements and ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Partner with the Human Resources Department to minimize staff turnover.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10-15 years industry and related management experience.
- Strong understanding of the competitive landscape
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in tour planning and pricing, contracting and yield management
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of business and industry practices
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in tour planning and pricing, yield management and air.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Microsoft software skills required.