The Media & Integrated Marketing Manager (MIM) is responsible for driving the development of media and 360 integrated marketing plans in collaboration with brand and agency partners across disciplines (media, digital, promotion, and PR). The MIM is the internal subject matter expert to the brand organization and the champion of the media & integrated communications function and best practices across the media, coupon, PR, promotion and digital landscapes.
This position reports to the Corporate Head of Media Buying.
- Lead media objectives derivation, drive media strategy & media plan development with agency partner(s); make budget recommendations; coordinate timing and approval for financial commitments, challenge and oversee media buying and regular post buy analysis. Cooperation & reporting with Global media department.
- Take the brand challenges and communication goals and translate them into integrated marketing plans (commercialization). Bring all disciplines together in media agnostic communications planning process. Lead inter-agency planning and collaboration.
- Develop annual scope and plans in conjunction with PR agencies. Oversee successful execution and on-going benchmarked improvements.
- Manage and direct competitive spending analyses for media and promotion across all categories; deliver competitive reports including SOA/SOM.
- BS Marketing or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in media agency planning/buying department and/or CPG marketing with responsibility for media planning. Public Relations experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership – ability to convince and influence brand management. Able to be decisive and comfortable with risk taking.
- Strong project management experience, including managing both internal and external resources.
- Experience in media plan development, promotion planning, couponing, social/digital activity and public relations.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. Creative problem-solving skills are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, challenging status quo and high energy level
- Proficiency with MS office applications.
- Working knowledge of the retail industry (mass, club, drug, dollar stores, grocery).