Develops the sales plan for designated region of responsibility and upon approval ensures the accurate, effective, and efficient implementation of all sales business operations in order to support the company's business growth and profitability. To optimize sales from both travel trade and consumer direct via relevant channels within the assigned geographical sales area. By utilizing sales data to pro-actively identify any areas for improvement or development and growing the sales business to agreed targets. Ensuring the highest level of customer and client satisfaction and to contribute to departmental compliance with company policies and industry guidelines (USTOA & CLIA).
The BDM is a client/customer facing role and have the ability to be new business hunter, able to self-generate leads, cold call and attend meetings to present to clients/customers and close business through commercial contract negotiations.
• Develop and implement a regional annual sales plan for the territory.
• Develop and implement an annual sales plan for key accounts using a customized approach to address the specific needs of each reseller ensuring that ROI is monitored and maximized
• Strengthen relationships and achieve growth with key preferred accounts through regular contact and informative updates with respect to their productivity and progress; offer assistance when appropriate to assist in achievement of their goals.
• Provide multiple detailed in house and webinar product trainings to travel agents, at a minimum of 2 per month. Co- organize and host client (consumer) presentations and product information sessions, average of 1 per month. Escort familiarization trips for travel agents as necessary.
• Designs, proposes, negotiates and, upon approval, implements the sales plan and commercial agreements for the designated region so as to achieve the relevant sales targets and contribute to the company's commercial success.
• Identifies, proposes, and upon approval, collaborates with new B2B & B2C partners, i.e. travel agencies and tour operators, aiming at building long-lasting, powerful, and successful partnerships that will enable the company to attain its commercial objectives.
• Monitors, evaluates and forecasts sales results for his/her area of responsibility, market and competition data, in order to maintain alignment with the budget, taking corrective action when necessary.
• Degree in Business Management or related field from an accredited college or university
Job-Specific Skills and Knowledge
• Account management, Effective negotiations, Communication and interpersonal, Planning, scheduling and forecasting, Project management, Knowledge of selling techniques, Fluency in English, Knowledge and proficiency of CRM
• Proficiency in MS Office (especially Power Point), LCD/data projection, Internet and webinar applications. Ability to make good use of web tools and in-house technical resources, adapt to new technology, learn new programs quickly, and use computers to improve productivity.
• Able to deliver effective presentations to consumer and agents, engage as a credible trainer, and is an efficient at delivering the brands core sales messages - required Work Experience
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience at management level within the Hospitality and Tourism / Cruising industry
High (80% - 90%)