Sales Strategy Manager
Position Report To:
- Responsible for business strategy development, deployment and execution to achieve Net Sales, Profit and market share objectives.
- Leads cross functional team members in development and implementation of product, price, place and promotion results through IRI/Nielsen.
- Leads business planning process by preparing or collaborating insights and analytics to support marketing strategy, template preparation, process communication and execution of strategic customer/sales team planning meetings.
- Partners with Sales and Marketing in launch/product strategies, development, selling materials, execution and monitoring to achieve financial and brand objectives.
- Communicates key strategies, insights and initiatives between field and internal teams. Initiates and coordinates across a matrix environment to support goal achievement and gain cross functional alignments.
- Actively participates in the development of materials in support of strategic retailer line reviews.
- Monitors competitive pricing in the marketplace and works with Category Management, Marketing, and Sales Leadership to recommend appropriate action on national, channel, and account-specific strategies.
- Creates and communicates merchandising strategy in conjunction with promo and shopper marketing plan to achieve net sales, profit and brand share objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 5+ years prior experience in consumer package goods; including direct customer sales experience. Category management, Business Analytics, Trade Marketing experience a plus but not required
- Strong analytical & financial acumen; ability to identify and assess risk and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business strategies and/or initiatives
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications, database information sources, and web applications