Director, Trade Marketing
Position Report To:
- Serves as single point of contact for all Trade Marketing activities.
- Develops and implements channel marketing strategic plans and goals to meet corporate objectives and increase market share and profitability of products and services.
- Overall accountability for all B2C and B2B omnichannel marketing at the account level.
- Develops, manages and executes customer engagement programs, including but not limited to promotional activity, B2C directed programs, market expansion programs, and media planning promotions/programs aligned with brand media plans. This also includes a clear history of building and executing volume-driving programs.
- Develops impactful presentations for sales proposals, custom account marketing and more that reinforce the company's brand identity while driving incremental business
- Attends meetings with buyers and account leadership as needed to mutually beneficial brand momentum
- Actively performs competitive audits and store checks at the store and account level
- Leads the strategic alignment throughout all shopper specific activations, aligned to company, customer and partner priorities.
- Responsible for Omni channel growth plans and strategic direction for both the coffee service division, grocery service division and ecommerce.
- Accountable for adhering to brand guidelines and implementing branded programs that align to brand goals.
- Designs, implements, and interprets custom / syndicated market research to anticipate competition, market trends and translate consumer attitudes into new business and branding direction. Viewed as the retail category expert for the organization.
- Ability to think out of the box and deliver results in collaboration with the sales organization will be critical to success.
- Drives direction for all point of sale materials and promotional product and packaging efforts.
- Evaluates and analyzes trade results and makes timely modifications along with providing strategic counsel to sales organization.
- Accountable for monthly Trade Marketing KPI report.
- Supports sponsorship opportunities to drive incremental sales via strategic partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing from four-year College or university
- MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years experience leading shopper marketing, trade marketing, or category management for a CPG food or beverage brand is required.
- Multi-channel experience is required with 3+ years working to drive ecommerce sales, service sales and other channels.
- 5+ years’ experience in working closely with syndicated research providers- Nielsen or IRI databases. Solid category management skillset- can lead and share expertise.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading agency and outside vendors
- Previous brand management experience is not required but desired.
- 10 years’ experience in P&L management. Solid financial skills to included P&L analysis and other financial analyses. Must be able to understand components of a brand P&L as well as the impact of business decisions on said P&L.
- Excellent MS Power Point skills is required with experience crafting powerful brand presentations
- Valid driver’s license.
- Results-oriented, strong leadership skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and strong project management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Attention to detail.