The Product Design Director role is a is a true product development role(the title is Design for internal reasons); seeking someone who LOVES product and can bring compelling products to the consumer.
The product line includes baked goods, frosting/icing, candy melts, candy decorations, etc.
There are four direct reports - must be a strong people manager.
- Supervise, lead, train and inspire product design teams to ensure they are equipped and motivated to achieve stated goals.
- Responsible for managing the entire product development process from concept to approved prototype including resolving development and production issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Defining (Scoping and Targeting), based on business requirement document, Developing (Evaluation and Defining & Development), Approving (Test & Validation) for new product development
- Develop and present a rolling three year Product Portfolio Roadmap to Product Management based on business requirements provided from Product Management.
- Interpret trend information from Creative and CI relevant to consumer/product and translate into product insights/briefs.
- Identify Consumer Research required to inform product design and packaging. Work with CI to answer the stated business question.
- Oversee staff of product managers and provide leadership, coaching and development.
- 7-10 years of consumer packaged goods experience in product management and/or product development.
- Strong project manager skills.
- Intermediately proficient in Microsoft, Google Drive, and Adobe applications (for viewing tech drawings, combining files, making edits)