Seeking a Product Developer to drive new product innovation while keeping the product offering fresh and exciting. Design product concepts in your head and envision them being used by the customer. Bring your vision to the team such as trends in colors, textures, mixes, applications, etc., and closely follow competitors in the craft and paper-crafting industry by visiting stores and attending tradeshows. But you do not just brainstorm trends, you make them applicable to actual product ideas that you can bring to market. You strive to find that needle in a haystack idea that will delight customers.
In addition to hunting for new ideas and commercializing them, you have proven experience iterating on existing products to improve and revitalize them. You are creative but also think practically about how to bring a product to market in a cost-effective way. You can work independently, and project manages well. If you are a scrapbooker or paper crafter it is a big plus as you will be doing that a lot!
The company has an entrepreneurial culture so this role will empower you to run with your own ideas, working with a wide range of teams, from the creative side working with our design team to the execution side working with our supply chain team. You will never be bored as a new idea is always around the next corner.
• Create design briefs based on user research and feedback from internal teams
• Identify opportunities to improve and iterate on the existing product
• Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences
• Stay updated on current industry trends, market conditions, product innovations, and competitors
• Coordinate with design team members and marketing team to ensure consistent and accurate communication from design through to the customer
• Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
• Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes
• Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and leadership
• Research, analyze and identify market needs to ideate new product concepts and opportunities
• Work with the US and Asia supply chain teams to get the product ready for market
• Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
• At least 5 years of experience across the design process bringing products to market, including user research, prototyping, and usability testing (ability to show a well-rounded portfolio of client work)
• An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members, creative, marketing and supply chain
• Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
• Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
• Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
• Ability to multi-task and work in entrepreneurial team environments