Brand Manager- Sixpoint
The Brand Manager will lead the strategic direction of one or more of ABV’s brands, including its marketing plan, product portfolio strategy, and innovation strategy. He/she will partner with the sales, operations and taproom teams to deliver revenue and EDITDA target for the brewery and its brands through effective tactical marketing and communications plans.
- Development of a strategic brand/product and marketing communication calendar that drives revenue for key brands, across various business segments.
- Develop relationships in home market to deepen Sixpoint’s connection to NYC through local Distributors, content and promotional partners and by working with field marketing to activate local initiatives.
- Act as a “general manager” of Sixpoint’s Brooklyn office, ensuring that brewing, marketing, field marketing, retail and sales are connected and are executing the brand’s plans.
- Manage, develop and grow direct reports (ABM) and serve as a face of brand for NY team.
- Create and maintain a portfolio strategy for the brand that guides the role of various brand segments, product lines, innovation and SKU rationalization efforts.
- Make recommendations for tactical marketing and media plans that support the marketing calendar to maximize revenue and ROI over the course of the year.
- Lead cross functional teams that focus on product development process, including commercializing new initiatives. Teams include operations, brewing, sales, taproom marketing and marketing shared services (e.g., creative)
- Partner with internal and external agencies to develop unique and differentiating ways to bring marketing strategy to life through development of marketing assets across channels.
- Oversee tracking and analysis of plan effectiveness to determine ROI and make recommendations for follow-up action plans.
- Work with Sales Team to ensure marketing calendar programs have proper support to sell-in and to execute with Distributor and Retail partners.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships across the organization to communicate marketing strategies and deliverables.
- Perform other business-related duties as assigned, particularly as related to local management support.
- Drives Vision and Purpose - Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Decision Quality - Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Action Oriented - Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps other achieve results.
- Ensures Accountability - Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
- Communicates Effectively - Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinion.
- Collaborate - Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ plus years of experience in brand or retail marketing
- Experience with marketing communications in both digital and traditional marketing
- Familiar with digital/social marketing tools (e.g., CRM platforms)
- Experience with grass roots, experiential, or partner marketing
- Beer experience is preferred
- Position is located in Brooklyn, NY
- Some travel required