Lead Financial Analyst
Position Report To:
- Lead, develop, & guide bid process, while working independently with general guidance, in providing world class customer service in the direct support of bids and proposals
- Act as a key business partner on a cross functional team consisting of Business Development, Sales, Program Management, Engineering, and Contract Management in support of proposal creation for key business pursuits.
- Lead the financial analysis and review of proposal costs, risks, and opportunities during cost & price reviews.
- Understand, communicate, and recommend cost and price strategies that will achieve the division’s growth targets.
- Work with proposal team to propose/negotiate preferred customer payment terms.
- Assist in the team’s development of a business case, when necessary, to ensure a successful Price Review.
- When appropriate, perform various analyses and/or financial models to aid Senior Mgmt.’s understanding of how a proposal meets Division goals, and/or assist in successful negotiations.
- Prepare and analyze the financial structure of proposals, agreements, product plans or business plans including any required investments.
- Able to quickly demonstrate an understanding of Revenue Recognition and P&L Forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Mgmt. and MBA required with a minimum of 10 years Finance experience.
- Advanced Excel and Access Database skills required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Relevant experience in the following areas: Strategic pricing, financial planning and analysis, general accounting, revenue & cost forecasts, and budget mgt.
- Preferred experience in the following areas: Contract pricing, program/project management, contract administration and International procurement/payment terms.
- Demonstrated experience with financial presentations to senior management.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to concisely translate to management the key financial issues/impact
- Must be a self-starter with strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to implement new initiatives, build consensus and use personal leadership to enable change.