Seeking a Product Development Engineer who will be the key to developing new products from concept to launch. You will design, engineer, and project manage new products throughout the entire development cycle.
Responsible for the engineering development and project management of consumer products (ie. toy juvenile products) from initial concept to mass production. Essential Duties:
- Develop early phase proof of concept models for potential new products.
- Work with Marketing and Design to formulate and understand Design Briefs, Product Definitions and translate them into Design Specifications.
- Conduct in-house regulatory testing to prove out concept/prototype viability.
- Keep project schedules and task lists up to date.
- Daily communication using all with Asia operations and outside vendors to manage the projects.
- Complete DMFA analysis on product subassemblies after each prototyping round.
- Develop and analyze product costing to meet target throughout the development process.
- Create/review tooling-ready CAD for projects moving into production.
- Project manage engineering pilots to keep projects on schedule.
- Assemble complete documentation for Hand-off meetings.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4 + years’ experience in development of consumer, plastic, or mechanical products.
- Consumer products experience required; Baby, Toy or Juvenile products experience a plus.
- Solidworks (including surfacing); MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Product Lifecycle Management tools