JOB DESCRIPTION - POSTING
Division: ITW Renovation/Remodeling
Job Title: Marketing Manager 3
Job Location: Glenview
Job Grade: 012
Job Code: SMGMM3
The Marketing Managerwill lead strategy, product development and commercialization of premium branded GRK Fasteners products that deliver high value to end users and profitably grow the business. Through the detailed understanding of end user segmentation, this person will lead Annual Integrated Marketing and Long Range planning processes with a primary focus on strategic direction while working with lumberyard and home center sales teams to drive programs.
- Lead a team of product marketers tasked with the development and execution of the annual integrated marketing plan for assigned portfolio including product, pricing and promotions.
- Drive the Long-Range Planning process for assigned segment based on annual situation assessments.
- Identifies and evaluates new market and product opportunities through observed end user needs, translating them into viable business offerings. Closely monitors the industry and competitive landscape.
- Work with sales team to capitalize on channel initiatives such as line reviews and other opportunities to for profitable growth within the channel
- Deploys full range of marketing research tools/techniques to develop a deep understanding of end user pains, trends and needs including the development of end user segmentation behavioral profiles.
- Exceed financial targets by utilizing ITW Toolbox philosophies and other key metrics to manage an optimized product portfolio.
- Champions new product development strategies and execution of stage gate deliverables including the creation of new product businessplans through collaboration with engineering and manufacturing/supply chain.
- Delivers financial commitments and manages the selling story around new product launches by leading the development and execution of robust commercialization plans
- Leads and develops talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A BA/BS is required in business, marketing, or comparable discipline; MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant progressive marketing experience, including 3+ years in a brand or product management role. Sales experience is a plus.
- Able to think strategically and creatively about marketing and business issues
- Superior organizational, planning and execution skills able to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and competent in problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Generates excitement and support across a cross-functional team in a matrixed organization
- Financial acumen to analyze financial results and new market opportunities
- New product introduction experience
- Pricing and promotions experience preferred
- Up to 30% travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probably consequences.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Able to gain acceptance/alignment of a product, service or idea from internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiating Action –Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; proactive
- Drive for Results –Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using metrics to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously work to meet and exceed goals
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Innovation – Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ideas to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Organizational Fit
- Coaching/Training – Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities
Desk job in a traditional office environment.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.; computer usage required; communication by telephone; able to pack and ship marketing materials.