The Sr. Consumer Marketing Manager works jointly with the Director of Consumer Marketing to strategize, plan, execute and manage all US (Domestic) Marketing initiatives and campaigns. This includes all areas of the Marketing mix with strong emphasis on social marketing, digital marketing, Public relations and content creation.
The Sr. Consumer Marketing Manager assists in the management of the department budget, interacts with Legal regarding contracts and other business agreements, develops team project plans and work flows, and plays an active role in managing relationships with other departments and outside agencies. Additionally, the Sr. Consumer Marketing Manager manages several team members on a day-to-day basis supporting domestic initiatives.
A solid background in traditional advertising, public relations (media relations, crisis management, partnerships, etc.), corporate and consumer events is required. Experience with research is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In conjunction with the Director of Consumer Marketing, strategizes and plans annual domestic Marketing campaign; assesses programing options and ROI to determine marketing mix and channel division; ensures content is cohesive across all channels/platforms, is in brand voice, consumer relevant and aligns with company goals and objectives;
2. Manages PR, Social Media and Content/Digital team on all domestic campaign execution, including development of cohesive content strategy that aligns with approved message architecture, creative content ideation, content calendar creation, content review and approval, measurement and analysis;
3. Along with the Director of Consumer Marketing, creates social media strategy, manages social media staff, oversees monthly social content calendar and tracks metrics;
4. Manages social media advertising agency including development of strategy/plan, channel and product division, channel customized content, reporting process and format, analysis and ongoing recommendations to Director of Consumer Marketing;
5. Creates consumer-facing digital content strategy (email, blog, apps, website, etc.), manages consumer marketing digital/content staff, oversees monthly content calendar and tracks metrics;
6. Oversees digital/website analytics, SEO and user experience;
7. Manages digital advertising strategy/plan with the Director of Consumer Marketing, including agency or third-party oversight, plan development, execution and analysis;
8. Oversees all Public Relations activities including but not limited to managing agency relationships, working with the agency to strategize, plan, execute and deliver results on PR campaign while keeping the agency on track and accountable;
9. Develops strategy and oversees in-house seeding programs, including, but not limited to, influencer, celebrity and teacher/schools;
10. Assesses media coverage and competitors throughout the year, capitalizing on pop culture and industry trends when appropriate;
11. Leads the process for development of advertising strategy and creative content, including but not limited to creating advertising briefs or direction, overseeing in-house process of creative development with Art team, managing process development through executive approval, managing creative agency relationships, serving as the main contact for the agency, and working with the agency to provide direction, feedback and approval on the creative (broadcast cuts, lyrics, tracks, etc.);
12. Serves as the main contact for company’s media buying and planning agency; Works with agency to create media buying plans that meet marketing and company objectives and align with budget; Ensures buy incorporates best mix whether print, broadcast, digital or social;
13. Oversees event marketing including launch events, book tours, book signings, and high-profile executive engagements (U.S. based and international) from inception to completion;
14. Manages qualitative and quantitative research needs including but not limited to managing agency relationship, serving as the main contact for the company’s research agency, working with the agency to develop questionnaires, provide direction, feedback and approvals on execution of brand trackers; ore;
16. Works with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure all initiatives adhere to proper guidelines (i.e. Federal Trade Commission, Children’s Advertising Review Unit, etc.);
15. Manages external video production including but not limited to managing agency relationships, serving as the main contact for the company’s creative agency, and working with the agency to provide direction, feedback and approval on the creative; this includes the understanding, coordination and management of the following: script writing, storyboarding, talent recruitment, sound production, voiceover and m
17. Responsible for developing internal presentations, ongoing team reporting and assessment of program activities;
18. Trains and manages Consumer Marketing team members; Provides mentoring and professional development opportunities; Fulfills organizational responsibilities related to management and Goal / Development Plan setting and review; Trains and manages designated temporary staff members who assist in the Consumer Marketing department during 4th quarter;
19. Attends industry conferences for professional development and growth to stay on top of best practices;
20. Supports and monitors social media channels and brainstorms creative concepts for content; and
21. Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
1. 8 – 12 years of experience in marketing; 4-5 years of management experience;
2. Strong computer / technical skills; Moderate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
3. Experience with and solid understanding of social media, traditional and digital marketing, public relations, advertising, content development, and event planning;
4. Knowledge of marketing as it relates to parents and children; Ability to take on and express the company “voice” in a manner that is consistent with the brand and creates connections with the target demographic of young children and their mothers;
5. Knowledge of best practices and a strong desire to learn and stay on top of key trends and ability to implement these learnings where applicable;
6. Strong professional and creative writing skills; High degree of personal initiative and creativity;
7. Ability to think on one’s feet and respond to PR or other media requests at a moment’s notice;