The Product Designer will use Photoshop and Illustrator to create products that include stationery, giftwrap, scrapbooking, party-ware, tableware, etc.
- Must be able to create/illustrate on-trend designs in a variety of styles and “looks.”
- Create Product Design & any additional artwork or style guides needed for coordinating decorations, products and packaging.
- Trend Research for all departments including, but not limited to, party trends, surface design and pattern trends, product ideas and development, innovation design and packaging, marketing, web etc.
- Keep track of all projects and assignments independently. Extremely organized (file setup, layout, saving, etc.).
- Develop fresh, innovative, creative approaches to products that will enhance and give balance to product lines. Explore new product solutions to help the look of the product continue to evolve.
- Execute initial design concepts all the way through to final production stage within allotted timelines that are based both on creative and business objectives. Bring these concepts “to life” for presentations (including but not limited to Trend Boards, Design Comps, Mock-ups etc.) and then all the way through to production.
- Participate in market research thru print, web, competitive shopping, & market assessment.
- Take ownership of all projects and demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of all assignments.
- Possess excellent communication skills in order to maintain good working relationships with colleagues in the department as well as individuals in other departments throughout the company. Know how and with whom to communicate in order to expedite all assignments and projects!
- Create mockups when needed for presentations and to ensure accuracy of mechanical file.
Seeking min. one year product design experience.
Proficient in the technical setup & preparation of artwork files for production.
Strong design, illustration skills & aesthetic. Highly Creative!
Possess sound communication skills & maintain good working relationships with colleagues and subordinates.
Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards.