As the Quality Assurance & Compliance Engineer you will support the new product development process, throughout the product life cycle to ensure the products meet brand and consumer quality expectations including key performance features, design verification and validation, regulatory, safety, and reliability.
You will be the face of quality and safety for the company and will act as a brand advocate, supporting the development process to ensure that all quality and safety expectations are met in a manner which will maintain schedules and satisfy the needs of the company's internal and external customers.
Functions / Responsibilities / Skills:
- Develop essential design/production control deliverables throughout the product development process. Propose solutions; participate in new product development meetings to understand Design intent, quality, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute technical information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing product development, quality, production control and product testing requirements; identifying and resolving problems.
- Conduct hazard analysis reviews to identify concerns and issues; define critical control points and preventive measures; support corrective actions.
- Provide quality and regulatory compliance oversight to Product Development including product and packaging design, manuals, warnings, SILs and all external communications related to website, catalogue, promotional and sales activities.
- Collaborate with overseas vendors, internal and external labs on all quality, engineering, compliance, manufacturing, and testing activities related to new product development. Provide compliance and QA support throughout the production de-bug and start-up phase.
- Participate in customer service complaint investigations, failure analysis of returned products, and issues resulting in a stop ship/stop production.
- Create procedures and guidelines to ensure that government and industry regulations are met by manufacturers in both international and domestic markets.
- Responsible for regulatory filing, maintenance and record keeping required by all applicable regulatory bodies including retailer requirements in regards to Certificate of Compliance, State, and Government Registrations, third party lab test reports and the like.
- Act as the lead corporate quality liaise with Vendor Operations and Total Quality Management. Provide a conduit for effective and timely communication relative to new and ongoing product.
- Champion product quality review meetings with operations to influence product development efforts of suppliers in both the design and manufacturing processes.
- Communicate with State, FDA and CPSC on an as needed basis.
- Develop Test Requirements to ensure adherence to PD Specifications.
- Establish and document internal controls and procedures.
- Identify and deliver relevant quality training across the company relative to company’s brand
- Manage internal safety and compliance resources that include outside test labs as needed.
- Champion of the Corrective Action process and incident report actions.
- Apply lean thinking to all product designs and development processes – actively seeking and acting to implement continuous improvements.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, standards, and laws including: ASTM, CPSIA, FDA and EN as needed.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience working with toy or juvenile products
- Product Lifecycle Management tools
- For manufacturing, regulatory, compliance, or product development purposes, your job could involve travel of up to two weeks per quarter, depending on the density of activities for that period.
- These trips will involve domestic or international travel. For this purpose, you will need to hold a valid passport and obtain the necessary visas to allow travel on your passport to China and Europe.