The Key Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large retailers (possibly JoAnns, Home Depot, Ace, Walmart Canada). You will be responsible for achieving sales growth, increased profitability, and other assigned account objectives by representing the entire range of products and brands. Work collaboratively with Marketing, Customer Planning, and Customer Service to ensure the company meets retailer’s expectations. Position reports to the Director of Field Sales.
- Manage sales within a diverse account base across multiple channels
- Conduct business line reviews using fact based analytics and consultative selling to place new items and programs.
- Manage all aspects of assigned retailer business from initial product placement to its exit strategy including item set up, PO placement, shipments, marketing support, and eventually markdown at the retailer.
- Coordinate with all internal departments including Customer Service, Compliance, Customer Planning, Marketing, and Communications to ensure deadlines and expectations are met.
- Set retailer planograms at office and in retailer’s Planogram rooms.
- Seek new opportunities for growth inside existing accounts and within new retailers and channels.
- Minimum three years of sales experience calling on national retailers or related retailer experience (ie. Jo-Ann Stores, Walmart, etc.)
- PC proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, & Word)
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills