Sr Director Logistics
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization. Honeywell is uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Honeywell’s solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
As a Fortune 100 company generating $39B in sales and 15% total shareowner return during 2016, Honeywell has established a track record of strong financial performance over time. Honeywell routinely sets and achieves challenging five-year financial targets that distinguish the company from its peers. The company is organized into four reportable segments: Aerospace ($14.8B); Home and Building Technologies ($10.7B); Performance Materials and Technologies ($9.3B); and Safety and Productivity Solutions ($4.6B).
This role will report to the Vice President of Integrated Supply Chain and this individual will operate in a highly matrixed and global environment. The Senior Director of Logistics will lead a Global team of 13 people who manage the logistics across our Global network.
The Senior Director of Logistics for SPS will utilize his/her Logistics expertise and managerial skills in a manufacturing environment to drive and spearhead a talented logistics team responsible for the development of Honeywell logistics. It will provide regulatory expertise and strategic direction to staff, internal and external customers. The role will leverage your extensive technical experience and skills to drive and coach your team in managing all challenging inbound and outbound material and processes, as well as providing strategic plans to manage all material and processes within the stockroom. By collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, this role will balance team workload and drive exceptional team performance with high impact for the business.
• Lead the 5 year strategy development and deployment for the global logistics network.
• Responsible for harmonizing and standardizing practices and SOPs across the globe.
• Enhance your leadership skills to manage the global oversight of quality, cost control and process benchmarking
• Ensure compliance and promote and facilitate global logistics standardization.
• Lead and manage continuous improvement activities
Additional responsibilities and objectives include:
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
• Supervise the work of logistics leaders and their team (specialists, planners, or schedulers)
• Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
• Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
• Transportation knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
• Administration and Management Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
|25||Create logistics strategy and lead the implementation|
|25||Manage overall operational targets|
|25||Drive team excellence and talent retention|
|25||Lead to drive continuous improvement culture|
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field
- • Masters Degree highly preferred.
- • Significant Logistics experience in a manufacturing operations environment.
- • We seek an individual who has managed operations with a large number of products and channels/customers.
- • Understanding of lean, integrated supply chain principles, and knowledge of Honeywell Operating System or other process improvement systems.
- • Ability to effectively select, develop, coach, empower and motivate a staff to ensure growth in their scope of responsibility and accountability for operational excellence.
- • Successfully integrated sites through acquisition and/or transitioned products to other sites.
- • Add value to the senior management team. We need an individual that can approach business challenges from a macro perspective and resolve strategic issues effectively.
- • Ability to communicate clearly with an understanding of your audience and to present ideas and gain commitments that are crucial to the success of the business.
- • Knowledge and ability to develop and interpret operating plans, budgets, capital plans and financial statements.
- • Ability to lead change and establish operational metrics/key indicators for process control, communication, and performance improvement.
- • Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities; work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment.
- • A strong bias for action and results oriented.
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req131180
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd, Fort Mill, SC 29707-7539 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.