General Manager, GSD Marketing & E-Commerce
Position Report To:
Vice President of Marketing
- Develops and implements channel marketing strategic plans and goals to meet corporate objectives and increase market share and profitability of products and services.
- Develops, manages and executes customer engagement programs, including but not limited to promotional activity, B2C directed programs, market expansion programs, and media planning promotions/programs aligned with brand media plans. This also includes a clear history of building and executing volume driving programs.
- Provides input on strategic branding direction and develops / executes strategy and implementation of brand initiatives for Grocery Sales Division.
- Designs, implements, and interprets custom / syndicated market research to anticipate competition, market trends and translate consumer attitudes into new business and branding direction. Viewed as the retail category expert for the organization.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development and execution of new brand initiatives designed to drive grocery sales revenue and profitability. Ability to think out of the box and deliver results in collaboration with the sales organization will be critical to success.
- Communicates brand strategies for Grocery Sales Division to company leadership, GSD marketing team, agencies, sales and other departments. Coordinates and aligns brand strategy with corporate marketing plan.
- Leads other departments to develop business building programs, pricing strategies, point of sale materials and promotional product and packaging efforts.
- Takes consumer insight, assesses its strategic fit and financial viability and lead a cross-functional team through new product development and commercialization of line extensions and limited time offerings.
- Evaluates and analyzes program results. Presents recommendations for changes in brand GSD programs, promotions, customer marketing initiatives, and pricing strategy.
- Provides strategic leadership and oversees development, implementation and analysis of web related sales and initiatives.
- Builds a commerce sales strategy and plan to drive digitally-oriented B2B & B2C growth to increase sales and partnerships with current and future clients and customers.
- Collaborates with internal departments in the development and implementation of ecommerce systems, strategies, plans, and business models, key programs and initiatives.
- Optimizes online navigation, online product selection, and online merchandising based on quantifiable ROI, date and business analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing and 10 years related experience in a retail, multi-channel CPG industry. MBA strongly preferred.
- Experience in CPG food or beverage industry strongly preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in working closely with syndicated research providers- Nielsen or IRI databases. Solid category management skillset- can lead and share expertise.
- 5 years’ experience in leading agency resources for GSD initiatives.
- 10 years’ experience in P&L management. Solid financial skills to included P&L analysis and other financial analyses. Must be able to understand components of a brand P&L as well as the impact of business decisions on said P&L.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Results-oriented, strong leadership skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and strong project management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Attention to detail.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.