Lead Jewelry Designer
Position Report To:
The Product Designer is responsible for developing creative, unique, and trend right product to support the company's exclusive private brand lines (stationery, party, seasonal, decor, gift, etc.).
Product Design (60%)
- Utilizes design technical skills in Photoshop & Illustrator to create designs, illustrations, and piece types that represent the target customer and are aligned with brand direction.
- Translates conceptual inspiration into product, patterns, icons, and typography to support core businesses and brand development.
- Collaborates with internal Trend Team to create original pattern and icons to support company seasonal trends.
- Creates and executes production artwork & technical spec packs for new product concepts.
Product Design Support (25%)
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of target customer and current Michaels category assortments.
- Reports trend observations by shopping and navigating both store and online resources to identify new product opportunities.
- Builds style guides & inspiration guides to support new concept development.
- Collaborates with Product Manager to prepare/deliver new concepts for project kickoff meetings with business partners.
- Attends sample reviews and provides design execution feedback for Product Manager and Category Manager (Buyer) partners.
- Responsible for all key calendar and milestone design deliverables.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (Adobe InDesign a plus) on a Mac Platform.
- Minimum of 3+ years equivalent work experience in product design and/or illustration.
- Design experience developing icons, graphics, prints, and repeat patterns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to illustrate concepts through hand sketching and creating handwritten typography a plus.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication along with strong interpersonal skills
This is a leadership role with no direct reports. Seeking individual who has a strong point of view who will shape the vision and direction of the jewelry product category.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
75000 (low): 70000 (high): 80000
Sign on bonus:
target How Much (low): (high):
Total Estimated Compensation: