Basics for what we are hoping the candidate has:
- BRC Audit experience and compliance
- Updated on FSMA regulations
- Confirming labels prior to shipments
- Approving specifications of ingredients coming in
- Reviewing nutritionals with our nutritionis
5+ years experience. Knowledge and exepreicne in Quality conrol, auditing products, approvingspecifications of ingredients.
Quality Assurance Manager will manage and lead the program development and compliance for GMP’s, HACCP, BRC, SPC, KPI’s Control, FSMA, Certifications, Sanitation, Allergen control and various other programs.
- Lead the plant efforts to assure that products/processes meet and exceed customer and regulatory requirements for food quality attributes and food safety.
- Maintain food safety and regulatory compliance programs (HACCP, GMP, Microbial surveillance, Pest Control, Sanitation Program Improvement; weight control, hold and reject; product recovery, consumer contact, allergens, and inspections (internal and external).
- Implement and maintain quality systems as necessary to meet standards as established by our customers, including process control systems and finished products audits.
- Management oversight and support to ensure all records, procedures, processes, packaging and equipment is in compliance with all company, state, federal and other regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with Operations Management to identify and implement strategies to reduce consumer complaints and faulty products. Respond to complaints as required.
- Maintain finished product, raw material and packaging specifications and maintain records related to the Bill of Materials and the change order process.
- Supervise and develop Quality Assurance Technicians to support the production process through improved skill and attribute development to provide quality tools and product improvement techniques.
- Analyze quality, food safety and consumer complaints and identify areas and plans for improvement using TPM and Lean techniques.
- Provide oversight to ensure formulas, specifications, labels, nutritionals, compliance and standards are correct and current to process or regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for and acts as the plant-based liaison for communicating Food Safety and Food Regulatory communications as issued from the Corporate and/or Division level.
- Ensure that Senior Management shall provide adequate resources to support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the BRC 7 System (or equivalent Food Safety/Food Quality Strategy)
- Act as the Plant PCQI Practitioner (or Food Safety equivalent) with responsibility and authority to
o Lead the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals and Food Safety Plan(s) (via Product HACCP Plans or equivalent).
o Oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the BRC 2000 System (or equivalent Food Safety /Food Quality Strategy).
o Ensure the integrity of execution, maintenance and sustainability of the BRC 2000 (or equivalent Food Safety/Food Quality Strategy).
o Communicate to relevant Plant and Corporate personnel information (trends, data, needs, non-compliances, internal and external audits, surveys, etc.) to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the BRC 7 System (or equivalent Food Safety/Food Quality Strategy).
o Ensure the plant staff is aware of their responsibility to report food safety problems to plant or divisional personnel with authority to initiate action, including evaluation of the potentially impacted product or process.
o Ensure those responsible for food safety have defined or designated alternates and/or provisions to cover for key food safety activities in the event of absence.
- Create and maintain an empowered, highly motivated work culture within and outside the plant facility.
- Develop and expand technical knowledge and behaviors for Food Safety and Food Quality competencies with direct reports and plant teams.
BS in Food Service or related field and comparable experience in food service
- Five plus years’ experience in Quality/R&D programs in the food industry
- Sanitation leadership and experience a plus
- Six Sigma experience or certification a plus
- Demonstrated leader who is involved with the production group to solve problems and improve processes
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis in database and spreadsheet software. Trace Gains would be a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Throughout the day the employee will need to lift or pull up to 50 lbs of material, depending on department.
This job operates in a professional manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard quality tools and works on confectionary surfaces. This position requires most of the work to be performed on the manufacturing floor and may be in an area that requires hearing protection at times. This role is performed around finished product and requires sanitation, good hygiene and good manufacturing policies to be applied.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED WORK HOURS
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6 am to 3 pm. Times may fluctuate depending on needs from production and auditors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.