The Brand Director is responsible for developing and executing successful brand marketing and business plans, championing critical brand initiatives, and leading core strategic processes including Multi-channel & Omni-channel marketing, promotions and public relations, and new product development. Utilizing consumer and category expertise, the Brand Director will assist the Sales organization in the development of merchandising strategies and financial guidelines.
Define and manage the company’s brand strategy and development; introduce new brands while developing and overseeing the company’s marketing initiatives, including traditional, digital, e-mail and social media marketing.
Role Specific Responsibilitie
- Lead brand and product launch strategy while effortlessly blending creative strategies and analytics
- Own and maintain the global brand communications calendar. Manage and collaborate with external digital experts, consumer insights team, product managers, and global regional leads to ensure initiatives are aligned.
- Establish strategic sell-in story and commercialization strategy by participating in and adding marketing value to key retail customer presentations and engaging with category decision-makers to present company’s category expertise.
- Develop in-depth creative briefs and work closely with Creative Service Manager to communicate strategy and articulate product/category communication hierarchy. Ensure all creative output meets the requirements/strategy in brief.
- Drive effective global digital marketing plan including website, SEO, video, display/banner, mobile, social media/influencers, as well as keep a pulse on the changing digital landscape.
- Oversee and optimize brand’s global website to ensure that touchpoint is on strategy and according to plan. Work with digital marketing specialists to direct work that results in a relevant and remarkable consumer experience.
- Lead all PR, Social and Retail Marketing programs working closely with external vendors as needed and ensuring all brand activities are in line with the requirements of the brief and on equity with the brand positioning.
- Coordinate with any external resources as needed (agencies, freelance, partnerships, etc.) Identify and evaluate potential media, content, sponsorship and brand partnership opportunities for company’s brand.
- Provide strategic direction to the Product team to ensure timely delivery of marketing collateral, as well as pricing/product information to the sales and marketing teams.
- Work with marketing department on the development of effective promotional activities and initiatives to encourage sales and support partnerships.
- Collaborate regularly with leaders of other areas to ensure alignment with regard to product development.
- Maintain broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape on an on-going basis.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity through market research and on-going analysis.
- CPG experience is required
- Minimum of eight years directly related progressive experience to include: senior level creative and analytic marketing communications, brand management, and advertising/media
- Must have demonstrated the ability to lead people and achieve results through others. The capacity to manage multiple priorities within a matrixed organization to a successful outcome through leadership & influencing skills is necessary for this role.
- Strong budget development and management, financial analysis, and P&L skills
- Proven success in both strategic ideation and tactical execution
- Speed to prioritize multiple moving parts and to work efficiently to deliver quality work under tight timelines. Tenacious and resilient – you don’t give up!